Meet the 2018-19 VPR Fellowship Cohort
Meet the 2017-18 VPR Fellowship Cohort
Meet the 2016-17 VPR Fellowship Cohort
What is the VPR Fellowship?
The VPR Graduate Fellows Program at Colorado State University was created by the Vice President for Research to support excellence in graduate research and to promote interdiscplinarity at the university by engaging the best and brightest students from graduate programs across the institution. Fellows are eligible to receive up to $4000 in scholarship and travel support as well as opportunities to engage in monthly professional development. Our mission is provide students with the resources they need to succeed in Graduate School such as travel support, workshops, networking opportunities with thought leaders in their industries and personal resume reviews.
What is the selection process?
Every February the OVPR will select an elite group of 12-15 graduate students pursuing Ph.D., terminal masters and other professional degrees at CSU. Fellows are selected from a pool of candidates identified by their participation in the annual Graduate Showcase. Selection for the Fellows program occurs via a Three Minute Challenge Competition.
What is the Three Minute Challenge Competition?
The Three Minute Challenge Competition concept came from a program initiated at the University of Queensland called the Three Minute Thesis. The concept is that students are asked to consolidate their thesis ideas, major findings and significance to three minute presentation suitable for a general audience.
- View the 2018 VPR Fellowship Challenge Event Rules and Guidelines
- View the 2018 VPR Fellowship Challenge FAQ
- View the 2018 VPR Fellowship Challenge Open Forum Presentation
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the VPR Fellows program, a student cannot have a projected graduation date prior to May of the year following selection. Fellows are required to secure their advisor’s approval for participation in the program prior to competing in the 3-minute competition.
What’s in it for a Fellow?
- Financial Support:
- Each Fellow is eligible to receive up to $4000 in support (up to $2500 in scholarship and up to $1500 travel allowance to attend a professional conference).
- Engagement and Leadership Activities:
- Each Fellow is required to participate in collaborative engagement activities via co-curricular programming. The fellows programming will consist of a range of activities including seminars and workshops, professional development activities, OVPR events, mentoring and engagement with industry/community leaders, and outreach opportunities.
For questions, suggestions and feedback feel free to contact us: email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!